Diploma in Capital Markets
The Capital Market Education arm of the SEC introduced a qualification framework for financial sector professionals considering the important changes the Sri Lankan capital market has been facing the recent years. The first level of certification is the Certificate in Capital Markets (CCM). The candidates who have completed the CCM could obtain the Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) status by completing relevant industry experience stipulated by the SEC.
The Diploma in Capital Markets (DCM) is the third stage of the qualification framework which provides advanced knowledge on capital market theories, practices and financial products. The DCM includes three modules:
- Corporate Finance and Technical Foundations
- Wealth and Investment Management
- Risks in Financial Services Industry
- The DCM is a jointly branded programme with the Chartered Institute of Securities Investments (CISI), which is one of the leading examinations, training and membership body in the United Kingdom. Key benefits to the students of this alliance include:
- The opportunity of obtaining a reputed international qualification for local candidates at a very reasonable price.
- CISI’s global content and high standard lead by senior practitioners, supports capacity building in the financial services space, by offering the opportunity to learn the global best practices.
One of the following qualifications is required to register for the DCM programme:
Certificate in Capital Markets (CCM)
Full Professional Qualification
Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Sri Lanka (CA Sri Lanka), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), The Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) or any other qualification acceptable to the SEC.
A Bachelor’s Degree in either Finance, Banking, Business Administration, Accounting, Management, Economics, Information Technology, Engineering, Law or Arts.
There will be three examinations for each module. All examinations will be conducted at a web-based computer testing environment. On completion, successful candidates will receive a combine certificate known as the SEC-CISI Diploma in Capital Markets.
|Corporate Finance||Risk in Financial Services||Wealth & Investment Management|
|Study hours required||80 Hrs||100 Hrs||100 Hrs|
|Exam duration||1 Hrs||2 Hrs||2 Hrs|
|Number of questions||50 MCQ||100 MCQ||100 MCQ|